Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 2015 Ipsy bag review

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

Ipsy is probably one of the most well known beauty subscription boxes. For $10 shipped a month you get several full or deluxe sized products, plus a cute makeup bag. It's been my favorite way to experiment with makeup on the cheap!

Note-I do not receive any compensation from Ipsy! I spend my own money on this every month and am not being paid to give a positive review. This is a subscription box I love and have been receiving for almost a year that I wanted to share with you all on my own


July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

overview:

Subscription box: Ipsy

Cost: $10 a month (including shipping)

Products: Full and deluxe sized products customized based on your beauty profile 

Delivered by: USPS

products:

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

First off, the bag! I love this bag, it's absolutely adorable and will match my favorite Coach bag perfectly. Sometimes the bags aren't that great (June's bag was a really underwhelming plain black) but this one is getting crammed full of lip gloss and shoved in my purse, pronto. 

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

Pur-delicate gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover (this is a deluxe sample size, the full size bottle is worth $36) I have very temperamental skin on my face that dislikes any scents or colors, so this will probably get used in the next week. 

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

Crown Brush tweezers ($10) How insane is it that these tweezers alone were worth the $10 I paid this month! I can never have enough tweezers (I use them to put on my Jamberry nail wraps and lose them all the time) and these are pink! Squeeeee!

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

CoolWay beachy salt spray (this is a deluxe sample size, the full sized bottle is worth $12.95) This will get used, for sure. I have very fine straight hair that takes a lot of love to make it look voluminous, let alone curly. I'm excited to see how well this works!

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

Teeez Cosmetics Read My Lips Lipstick in "Killing me Softly" ($22) The color here is perfect, pink but not overwhelming and it's smooth. My main complaint about lipsticks is that they're goopy and feel like wax on my lips, I prefer gloss or balm usually. But this one layered on top of my lip balm will be perfect!

July 2015 Ipsy subscription bag review

NickaK New York HQ Quad Eyeshadow ($4.99) These colors are fantastic, and I love that they send a palette as opposed to a single color. I will totally wear these and I don't normally wear eye shadow.

This month's review: 

I'm going to be honest, some months I get some crazy things in my bag. I've gotten nail polish I would never use, electric blue eyeliner...I'd say usually I love about 75% of what they send me and the other 25% of the time I like being pushed out of my comfort zone a bit. But this month was spot on. I love absolutely everything they sent me, and will use it all! The value was great this month too, roughly $50 worth of product for my $10. Plus, those pink tweezers make me happy!

What about you, did you get anything different? Let me know what you thought of this months bag!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

4 comments:

  1. I loved my bag this month, although I WAS hoping for one of those Tarte blushes. I got a beautiful lipstick from Bella Pierre that I'm really happy about. Stopping by from Your Whims Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little disappointed about not getting the Tarte products this months to, Shannon...but I have to say what they did send me ended up being really awesome! I absolutely love those eyeshadows, I've worn them twice already.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that was all in there for $10. I have seen the ads but been hesitant to try it figuring it wouldn't be worth the money. I may give it a second look.

    ReplyDelete