...oh, do I have your attention now?
What if I told you that this decadent, fudgy chocolate cake was also gluten, grain and refined sugar-free, and paleo? And tastes like the most ridiculous dessert you've ever had?
Why, I think you'd be interested.
If you're looking for an amazing and impressive dessert to impress someone with this Valentine's day, this is it. This. Is. It. Make this flourless chocolate cake.
(Click through for the recipe! You know you want some in your face!)
Decadent Flourless (Paleo) Chocolate Cake Recipe
4 oz (ish) dark bittersweet chocolate (we used 70%, I'm serious about my chocolate!)
1 stick of butter (or 1/2 cup of ghee)
3/4 pure maple syrup (or sugar if you want!)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
raspberries (or other fruit) for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9 inch round pan with a tiny bit of butter. Line your pan with a square of wax paper, and give the wax paper a tiny bit of a greasing too.
2. Take your bittersweet chocolate and chop or crumble it into small pieces. In a small saucepan, melt your chocolate and butter together over low-medium heat, stirring until it's smooth.
3. As soon as your chocolate is melted, remove from heat and mix in your maple syrup and vanilla.
4. Stir in your eggs, whisking until they're very incorporated. Then add your cocoa powder until it's just combined.
5. Pour batter into your prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick dipped into the middle comes out clean.
6. Once done, take your cake out of the oven and let sit for a minimum of ten minutes. The cake will crumble like crazy if you try and take it apart before it's cooled! Also important to note, it will come out of the oven very puffy and sink quite a bit, that's normal!
7. Take your cake out of the baking dish and invert, pull off your wax paper and serve with your choice of toppings. Proceed with eating half of the cake yourself...er...or was that just me?
You'll love this cake I promise! I'm going to be making this cake this weekend for a Valentine's Day themed party, but it would be pretty amazing on say, a Tuesday, as well, lol. If you're looking for more great grain-free or paleo friendly recipes, here are a couple of my favorites!
And if you're just looking for some new yummy recipes, you can check out my cook page too. Enjoy your cake!