So as you may have noticed, I'm on a pretty intense Valentine's Day crafting kick right now. I can't help it! I'm actually really excited for Valentine's Day this year and my daughter is finally old enough to love crafting pink heart themed things with me. It's really the combination for a perfect storm. Of hearts.
Last week I shared my gold-dipped heart trinket dish tutorial (which my daughter helped paint!) and today I'm going to show you how to crochet this adorable heart garland, the perfect thing for decorating Valentine's Day parties.
Keep reading to get the free pattern and make your own heart garland!
Oh my gosh, aren't these tiny hearts adorable though?
My daughter has already claimed them as her own, after Valentine's Day she's decided that they're going to hang over her bed. And she's got a good idea! Wouldn't these be cute in a little girl's room, too?
This project is incredibly quick, small, and the perfect thing to work on one at a time. I ended up making something crazy like 6 dozen hearts! You don't need that many, for your own heart garland if you don't want don't worry! I'm going to make more then one, and then maybe hand out heart 'ornaments' for my daughter's Valentines Day party at school too.
worsted weight yarn in your colors of choice
size G crochet hook (4.25)
Sl st: Slip stitch
Sc: Single crochet
Hdc: Half double crochet
Dc: Double crochet
1. Make a magic loop.
2. Ch 1.
3. Dc 3 into your magic loop.
5. Sc 2.
6. Dc 1.
7. Sc 2.
8. Hdc 1.
9. Dc 3.
10. Ch 1.
11. Pull on the thread of your magic loop to tighten it as much as you can.
12. You're almost there! It should start to look like a heart at this point.
13. Sl st into the center of your heart (the center of the magic ring)
14. Sl st one more time and pull the end of your piece of yarn all the way through. Tighten both ends.
15. Tie a double knot as tight as you can, and then cut off the ends of your yarn.
16. To string onto the bunting, use a yarn needle and thread it through the 'wrong' side of your heart.
You now have your very own, adorable and colorful heart garland to use this Valentine's Day! I hope you liked this project as much as I do. If you want to see more of my crochet patterns you can check out my DIY page here. And if you decide to use my pattern to make your own, send me pictures! I always love seeing what my readers are creating on their own.